Sunday, September 23, 2012

Julie & Julia Self-Challenge - Week "3"

Technically, it's week four of my self-challenge.  Work got in the way last weekend and no playing was done :-(  I meant to make it up this week by doing two recipes, but was missing one ingredient for the second recipe and I was too lazy to go to the grocery store.

This week, I made Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps.

The ingredients:
 
 

The finished product:
 


Honestly, I was quite disappointed initially with the dish.  I made notes in the cookbook for next time - use more currants, Italian dressing and walnuts and use less spinach.
 
Later in the day, I had a second serving. I heated in on the stove and added currants.  It was wonderful.  I think it just needed to marinade a bit.  (In fact, the second one was so good that I immediately heated the third.  Hopefully, the fourth will make it to lunch tomorrow.)

2 comments:

  1. This is how you become a cook: by cooking, and making your own adjustments and recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, I laughed at myself when I wrote my suggestions in the book as if I were a master chef :-)

      Delete