Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Corner View - Feet

Corner View is a weekly appointment - each Wednesday - created by Jane and currently curated by Francesca, where bloggers from all corners of the world share their view on a pre-arranged theme. If you'd like to join in, please leave a link to your Corner View post in the comments at www.fuoriborgo.com, and be sure to visit other participants, too.
 
 
I usually take new photos each week for the topic.  This week, however, I want to use old photographs. 
 
In 2010, I took a tour of the "Highlands and Islands" of Scotland.  None of my travel buddies were able to and/or interested in taking the tour with me.  As I really wanted to go, I went alone.    When you're alone, how do you photo yourself? Me? I take pictures of my feet...
 
On the way to Glasgow, I had an 8 hour layover in Amsterdam.  So, I hopped on the train at Schiphol and headed to the City Centre for a solo walking tour.  Proof that I was there...
 Glasgow - and more practical walking shoes...
 

 
Oban... and no shoes...
 
 
 
Kilchoan...
 
 
 Happy corner-viewing!

15 comments:

  1. opsy! blogger just ate my comment!
    what a super woman, traveling on your own, and dipping your toes in scottish waters! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very liberating - esp when I was in Holland and no one knew where I was or could reach me. (No cell service.)

      Delete
  2. I love this idea! I must remember it next time I'm going solo. I wish I could have gone with you on that tour!
    Cute flats--my favorite is the pinkish red pair. Love the painted toe nails---it's getting that time for me to schedule a pedicure and the toe nails glammed up for sandal wearing season here in Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I got them at Ross :-) (I am a bargain girl!)

      Delete
  3. A walking tour in Scotland - must have been wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is fun. I used to be a dancer, so I always focused a lot on my feet. So cute that you traveled alone and took pics of your traveling companion... your feet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That I like. :) At each place a foot.

    I've never gone away alone. But at some point my daughter is out of the house and I'll try it. I'm curious to see how it is going to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great landscapes and feet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this a very funny ... I would love to see your left foot too though :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a poor girl. I had to leave the left foot home :-)

      Delete
  8. Grand adventures are feet can surely take us on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a wonderful post! i would love to do something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great way to share your travels!
    Wonderful variety of footwear too, I love the different shoes for different views:))♡

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fun way to show us your trip!
    It must have been a beautiful journey.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all, that's so AWESOME of you to go by yourself! love the photos and of course... you're the gal with the perfect pedicure!

    ReplyDelete