Thursday, August 23, 2012

Wonderful surpise!

I got home from my Memphis trip at 1:00am, Wednesday morning.  After a long (and very unproductive) day at work and a nap afterward, I tackled the stack of mail on the counter.  There was an intriguing package in the stack:


I put it aside to motivate me.  Knowing that I had a surprise to open after I went through the bills and junk mail - and as this is an election year, there was a LOT of junk mail.  Once I got to the bottom of the stack, I was able to open this mysterious package.

What a wonderful surprise - a GORGEOUS hat from Gisella of the Corner View "family":


Look at the wonderful colors and patterns!

I was going to take photograph of me wearing it, but as I am having a bad hair day (or should I say BIG hair day thanks to the humidity), I enlisted some of the neighbor girls to model it:

Aleshia - who wanted to keep it and pouted when I said no!

 
 
 Natalie (I didn't mean to get the dog butt in the photo - oops.)
 

 
And Deneisha with a sprig of rosemary.
 
Also included were some pebbles from the shores in her corner of the world:
 
 
Aren't they lovely?  I keep picking them up and rubbing them.  They are smooth and soothing and make me feel connected to Italy - getting me even more excited about my trip there next year!


Thank you so much Gisella!

3 comments:

  1. How lovely! This corner to corner has done so much for uniting folks who would never know of each other's existence other wise and what a shame that would be! I never thought when I participated in my first corner view how much it would change and expand my life for the better. It's one of the best blogging decisions I have made!:>)

    The girls look cute in the hat and so will you! I can just imagine that pout! That would be my granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh what lovely girls they are..:)) You have so nice neighbours dear Heather. And you are so so lucky that I had a very nice surprise..:))I like hat so much...
    Warm wishes and have happy days..:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute post Heather! I love the hat, and your sweet models (I must say, the hat really looks great on all of them)!

    ReplyDelete