Sunday, October 14, 2012

Slowing Down - Random Photos from the Week

The last couple of months have been very busy and very stressful.  Busy at the office as well as with my volunteer work as the annual event that I co-chair was last weekend.    Now that the event is over, I can breath a little easier and slow down a bit.  Work is still busy, but one of the perks at my office is that they periodically do "drawings" for Magic basketball games.  I won two tickets to last Thursday's game.


If you look on the "jumbotron" you will see the back of my favorite player, Hedo Turkoglu (#15).


 
We lost, but it was close up to the very end.  All in all, a good night.  Free tickets.  Free parking.  Free beer from the friend I took with me.   And I caught a free t-shirt :-)  (Free - one of the most beautiful words in the English language.)
 
Today, I was able to volunteer at Bike Fest in Sanford, Florida with the Ribbon Riders.  These are an amazing group of female bikers with a mission to promote breast cancer awareness and provide assistance to women and men in Central Florida who are fighting the disease. They are professional women who love to ride motorcycles and strive to make a positive difference in our community.
 
I don't ride myself, but as they do so much good and are such nice women, I try to help them out when I can.  (And when it's someone else's event and you are just working, it's so much more fun :-) )
 
Here's the sunrise over Lake Monroe, which is what greeted me as I arrived in Sanford.
 


A great blue heron...
 
 
 
...and here he is flying away when I got too close.
 
 
Here are the Ribbon Riders' tents:



And when I was "cleaning" yesterday (please ignore the dust in the photo), I found last year's "annual leaf" from my mom. 

 
 
Wishing everyone a great week!

7 comments:

  1. I am still recovering from my responsiblities with homecoming. I ended up out of school for two days, so I'm playing catch up there too. But I have taken time to slow down and enjoy bringing my plants inside, working with my photos, and living glamourously and vicariously through Dancing with the Stars.
    I'm so glad you've been able to slow down and enjoy some free activities and help out without pressure.
    Great pics. Love that sunrise and heron!:>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear things are slowing down for you. We all need a breather from time to time. I've been crazy busy at work lately too.

    An 'annual leaf' is so cute! She gives you one every year??

    Also, from your comment on my blog... I LOVE that you painted your craft room tangerine. So fun! Orange has been one of my favorite colors lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she sends me one from her yard every year when the leaves start to change as I live in a hot climate where we don't have the beautiful Fall colors. Isn't that sweet?

      Delete
  3. This is the first time i am reading your post and admire that you posted article which gives users lot of information regarding particular topic thanks for this share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope this week is if not slower, at least enjoyable (and it includes some more "free" words :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this great article! That is very interesting I love reading and I am always searching for informative information like this.

    ReplyDelete