Monday, October 17, 2011

I Spy - O

“I Spy” is a weekly appointment - each Monday - created by Lete.  If you'd like to join in, please leave a link to your “I Spy” post in the comments at http://www.okiemmym.pl/.

I spy with my little eye - oranges.


My orange tree fruits twice a year and, as you can see, the fruit is almost ready.  It is usually full of fresh fruit by American Thanksgiving (end of November).  And, if I do say so myself, MY oranges are the best :-) 

After I got my I Spy for O ready to go, I went to bring in the cats and found this little guy on my patio. So, I spy with my little eye another O - opossum.


5 comments:

  1. Ahhh, how cute! Did the cats not see it or just didn't care?
    Apples are the fruit of the season here in southeastern Ohio---about time to make some apple dumplings, although fresh orange juice sounds good. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. marmalade! fresh orange juice! candied orange peels! I'd love to have an orange tree...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie the kitten came up to the door, saw the opossum, stood there looking confused for a minute and then bolted back to the yard.

    Francesca, I wish I could send you some oranges. All I'd ask in return is a jar of homemade marmalade :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would love to have an orange tree ... love the fragrance of the flowers so much :)

    ReplyDelete